Sunday, January 13, 2008

Viola's Easel

My brother the super-craftsman made Viola the most beautiful gift for Christmas--her very own easel. It is made of lovely oak, and is a beautiful work of art in itself. What a special gift for Little Tiny! The day after Christmas, I tried out my own most cherished Christmas gift (my sparkling new 85 mm 1.2 lens from Matt) and snapped a few photos as she sketched intently on the chalk-board side, chalk in one tiny fist, eraser in the other (she had almost as much fun erasing as she did drawing). She worked for forty-five minutes, and was covered in a light dusting of blue chalk powder (even on her face, though I never saw her trying to taste the chalk....). How sweet is my little love pictured below in her wispy pigtails and blue chalk-mouth?





No comments: