Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fancy Viola

I am so behind in my blogging, but I'm going to quickly throw up some recent photos of my fancy little lady (and her sassy little sidekick). Can't help it; they are my world. We recently discovered Fancy Nancy books, and Viola has since been on a kick of picking out her own clothes in the morning--and often instead of hitting her closet or dresser, she goes for the costume box. So you may see her out and about, in Stop & Shop, or romping around the backyard, all dolled up in tutus, wings, plastic high heels and her great-great grandmother's costume jewelry. And as many of you will attest, I can do nothing to stop it because she is a little lady after her mother's own frilly, sequiny, costumed heart :)

I caught the picture on the right last weekend, when she had been very quiet upstairs and so I went up to check on her. Of course I had to run and get the camera. She had fashioned this multi-layered step-stool so she could get to her desired fancy frock. Yup, this is what I walked into--a little tushie in pink undies reaching with all her might toward something sparkly...Ah my sweet girl.

I too was in a hat and heels for this fancy afternoon tea on the porch last week...



Even a little baby fairy flounced around the backyard...

I had to throw in some sweet shots of my little ladies moments after waking one morning last week...

...in their green polka dot p.j.s that match their room...

And here are some shots of last weekend's visit to Drumlin Farm. Daddy and his "sunshine."

My 'thinks-she's-a-big-girl-but-is-my-tiny-baby' baby.

A rare shot of me on the blog, with my sunny gals (photo credit goes to Matt).

One by one, Viola blew the seeds off every last dandelion in our yard.

V's current preferred hairstyle: "two poofs." Ah, the color of those wispy poofs in evening light...

I have one more quick personal post to publish tomorrow (Maeve actually let me take her picture), and then, on to recent (and past) shoots and my many snazzy couples!!!

2 comments:

erica said...

ok, there are no words for this one, but i'll try anyway:

1.) it looks like a fantasy world
2.) you're family might possibly be the cutest e.v.e.r.
3.) i want to play dress up too :)

the one of her blowing the dandelion is one of my favorites of your entire blog....and that's saying something :)

yvonne@designvignettes said...

Magical! You capture the sweetest moments!