Monday, October 15, 2012

Elizabeth and Ryan: Royal Sonesta Cambridge Wedding

I had the absolute pleasure of photographing Elizabeth and Ryan's Boston wedding on a late summer's evening, and I am so happy to be able to unveil their photos at long last! Ryan and Elizabeth were college sweethearts, who decided to exchange vows at their alma mater, Boston College. Adding to the sentiment of the ceremony was the fact that Elizabeth's parents were married at Boston College's beautiful St. Ignatius as well! And on a personal note, adding to my sentiment throughout the day, was the fact that Elizabeth's wonderful mother Linda is my Maeve's preschool teacher, and she lives one street over from us. "Mrs. Johnson" has a gentle, kind nature and I love that it is her warmth greeting my little girl each day. And when I sat down on my porch with Elizabeth on a summer evening a year before the wedding, I realized that Elizabeth is as lovely and kind-hearted a person as her mother. Elizabeth is sweet, clever, and good-natured, with a gorgeous smile that lights up a room. And Ryan is so affable and funny; he totally humored me during their portraits, snuggling with his bride and being adorably affectionate as we raced against the setting sun. Best of all, he kept his beautiful bride laughing! The flowers were exquisite, though I fully expected this, as Theresa of Dogwood Floral Design is such an amazing artist, and her creations are always so fresh and modern and always stunning (oh those vibrant dahlias!). I loved the tradition and sentiment that echoed throughout every aspect of the day, from Linda's teary eyes looking at her daughter in her gown and veil, to Ryan's face, which said it all as he stood at the altar and watched his bride come toward him, to their first dance with eyes locked, to Elizabeth's father's touching toast. It was the kind of day that warms my heart, and reminds me that I have the best job in the world. And now the slideshow, set to Liz and Ryan's beautiful first dance song, "God Gave me You," by Dave Barnes...

No comments: