Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Katie and Brian

Katie and Brian were highschool sweethearts; in fact, a fun fact I learned at the wedding was that they were crowned king and queen ten years ago at their prom! Once again, ten years later, they were the stars of the evening, and they were just glowing with happiness. Their wedding was in Old Saybrook, CT, a seaside town where I spent the summers of my childhood at my grandparents' cottage. Thus, the church, the point, the park in which we did the formals are all places I frequented often growing up. For this reason, the location held special significance for me. That, along with the fact that it was such a genuine, emotion-rich celebration, and the fact that I felt like I knew both families already (I photographed Brian's sister's wedding last fall, and I have been in close contact with Katie's sweet mother in the months leading up to the wedding) made it a particularly memorable evening, and made it so easy to know where to look for the best shots. Katie's dimpled smile is contagious, and I had so much fun watching her beam at her new husband through my lens. Here's to the newlyweds, and the culminating event of their decade together!































No comments: