Friday, October 26, 2007

Sam and Kristin

My little brother Sam married his true love Kristin in September, and their wedding was so beautiful, and so true to them. It took place at the University of New Hampshire where they met. The ceremony was rich in emotion and spirituality, and though the morning started off rainy, as Sam and Kristin descended the steps of the church, the sun broke through the clouds--no joke, it was at that exact moment! The reception was at the New England Center, which is nestled in trees, and makes an ideal setting for my woodsy, outdoor adventure sporting, nature-loving brother and sis-in-law. Sam carved holes in these knotty South American tree roots for candle holders. The place cards were stones from a nearby beach--Kristin painted the guests' names on them. I was their photographer, and I tried to find the balance between working and allowing myself to really experience the day. Luckily, I am happiest when I have a camera in my hands, and so I was able to channel my energy and emotion into my work. My dear, super-talented friend Linda made the trip from New York to assist me and give me the chance to spend some time with my family--and so I could be in some of the family photos! Before the sun set, I whisked the bride and groom away into the trees for some low-light shots. It was so cute to photograph them all snazzed up in a tux and gown. All the photos I have of Sam and Kristin are playful and silly--like Sam piggy-backing Kristin on the beach, or throwing her over his shoulder in a fireman's lift--and they're always wearing t-shirts and Chaco sandals or matching orange fleeces...They are a perfect match, and will share so many adventures. I am so, so happy for them.























































No comments: