Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Anya and Chris: wedding

Anya is one of the most striking women I have had the pleasure of photographing. She looks like Geena Davis, or some bombshell from the 1940s. And what I love is that she is so natural and laid-back and seemingly unaware, that her beauty is so refreshing. She and Chris met when she was interning at his office, and they hit it off instantly. They wanted a small, intimate evening without the usual wedding pomp; Anya said that all that mattered to her were "pictures and flowers," and that they were married in their beloved Boston. And with such a handsome couple, in such a lovely location, my job was easy. They were married alongside the Harbor in front of the Hyatt Harborside, the striking Boston skyline before them. Rough wind provided the drama they were trying to avoid--but I couldn't help but love the romance of Anya's dress billowing and long hair flying...And Anya's wonderful Russian family made sure that it was a party, no matter how simple an evening they wanted. So let me take you back to September again, and Anya and Chris' gorgeous, windswept affair...










2 comments:

Tara Lynn Sen said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE these! I think one of my favorites is the final one of the city- such AMAZING COLOR! Stunning...

Tony Yu said...

Love the very first b&w of the bride getting ready. Keep up the good work :)