Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ali and Tony: Glen Magna Farms Wedding

I don't know where to begin in describing the wedding celebration of Ali and Tony. Their autumn wedding day at Glen Magna Farms was just lovely; the soft, glistening low light was abundant (score!), and the grounds and gardens of Glen Magna Farms were the loveliest setting for this celebration. I got to work with a fabulous team: my buddy and talented videographer Kennon Shane of Cupid Video Productions as well as talented floral designer, Theresa Arsenault of Dogwood Floral Design. I have worked with Theresa on a number of occasions and her pieces are so modern and artistically created, each blossom lovingly selected (those deep orchids were stunning against Ali's side-swept dark hair). I absolutely adore Ali and Tony; I can't say it enough. I loved observing the sweet dynamic between the two: Ali is social and lovely and talkative, while Tony is reserved and and observant. While Ali is is cracking jokes and striking fun, sassy poses, Tony is is looking at her in complete adoration. For a man of few words and such a gentle, outwardly quiet demeanor, Tony could not be more expressive of his love. The way he looks at his bride speaks volumes: the look of awe on his face as she decended the grand staircase for their first look, the way he smiled down at her, and kissed her hair just after their ceremony ended, the rich emotion on his face during their first dance...Witnessing such obvious affection and true devotion is one of the reasons I have the absolute best job in the world. And his devotion is not surprising; Ali is such a refreshing woman to get to know. She is funny and smart and open-minded and good-natured, always with a positive, supportive comment to offer.

One of my absolute favorite moments of the night (and a highlight of the whole season) was when the guests surprised the newlyweds with a flash mob dance! It was planned (and choreographed, I wonder?) by Ali's wonderful mother, and it was so awesome to see the dance floor fill with guests, suddenly breaking into dance, and performing "Aint No Mountain High Enough" for the astonished (and delighted) couple. It was so heartwarming! It was such a memorable day, and that tent was filled with such warm energy and revelry (and some very spirited dancers). It was one of those weddings where I felt at home from the moment I stepped onto the grounds--thank you for making my job such a pleasure, A & T. I have so enjoyed getting to know you and your familes. And I am thrilled to finally present this long-awaited blog post (it's about time these two are featured in these pages!).



























1 comment:

erica said...

they are so so so cute! p.s. your backlighting rocks!!!