Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Libby and Shaun: Wedding

Libby and Shaun's late Septmeber wedding took place in New Seabury, a lovely beach community in Mashpee on Cape Cod. I arrived early to capture the bustle of Libby and her warm, wonderful family getting ready...Libby's smile is simply amazing; she has the beauty and charm of Grace Kelly--just look at the evidence below! One of the sweetest moments of the day for me was when Libby's mom was fastening Libby's shoes, and reminisced about tying her daughter's tiny sneakers when she was a little girl. I couldn't help but think of my own little girl and of how I should hold on to those most ordinary moments we share every day, because she will grow up so fast....and my eyes were tearing over behind my lens. The ceremony took place at St. Thomas Chapel, the most charming little chapel overlooking the harbor in Falmouth, and the reception was held back at the beautiful New Seabury Country Club, also in Mashpee. Upon arriving at the country club, we hopped in golf carts and made our way to the beach for some fun wedding party and bride and groom photos. The reception was such a party; the dance floor was packed all night, and Libby and Shaun danced surrounded by a huge circle of friends and family.










I had to incorporate the vibrant goldenrod growing along the dunes!

There were five separate cakes each displaying the word "love" in a different language.


1 comment:

Will Tangorra said...

Love the first shot of the dress hanging! Perfection! :)