Monday, November 03, 2008

Martha and Rob: Wedding

The last weekend in September, I had the pleasure of documenting my cousin Martha's wedding in Old Lyme, CT. She and Rob were supposed to be married on the beach near my family's cottage, a plan that was thwarted by the rain that came down all day. Luckily, the reception was to be held at the charming historic Old Lyme Inn, and so they improvised, and exchanged vows in the Inn's library. And lucky for me, the Inn has a lovely front porch, so though I was climbing benches and running around exposing my equipment to the rain, the newlyweds remained nice and dry! One extra special aspect of the day was the presence of the tiniest flower girl, little Maddie, the newest member of our family. My cousin Todd, his wife Maribeth, and their older daughter Leah brought her home from Guatemala only a month before--so her Auntie's wedding was also a celebration of her entrance into the family. Martha and Rob, it is such a miracle that you found one another; you make such a perfect pair, and have so much to look forward to...I wish you so much happiness.















2 comments:

Will Tangorra said...

Hey Liz! Love how beautifully you captured all the details! Gorgeous...

erica said...

love these especially the little girl with the flowers...so pretty ;)