Saturday, November 29, 2008

Welcome Baby Maeve!

Click on the arrow below to see a slideshow introducing our new little lady, Maeve Sheridan Wertz...




At dawn on November 23, 2008, Matt, Viola and I welcomed our new little miracle, Maeve Sheridan into our family. Six days late, and with a c-section pending (because it was a VBAC, my doctor didn't want me to go past 41 weeks), I went into labor and was able to have my wish and deliver naturally. She arrived just in time--twenty-four hours before my scheduled surgery. The birth was fast and smooth, and beyond amazing to experience. She was born at 6:21 in the morning, and was placed in my arms within moments. A full month later and a full pound bigger than her sister, she weighed in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces. Viola is enchanted with her tiny sister, and wants to hold her all the time. Matt and I had two potential names and since we loved both, and still hadn't settled on one a few hours after the birth, we decided to let Viola choose. When presented with the two names, without hesitation, Viola chose Maeve. Sheridan, her middle name, is Matt's mother's maiden name. Matt and I were once again astonished to behold Maeve's hair color--it is much darker than Viola's was at birth (so pale you could only see it in certain light), but at this point, it is definitely red--more of a dark coppery-auburn than Viola's strawberry. We arrived home on Tuesday to a house filled with bouquets of pink flowers in every room (my Mom is so wonderful). Despite one trip back to the hospital (turned out to be nothing), Maeve has settled into her new home beautifully. Life with a newborn and a toddler is nothing short of chaotic, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Maeve is so good-natured thus far, and she is so alert and responsive to my voice--especially to singing. Matt and I are overjoyed with the gift of our beautiful daughter; already she cries more than her big sis did (more meaning she actually cries), but she is the sweetest tiny bundle of love, and we are so blessed and can't wait to watch her grow.

I know it's taken me a long time to announce Maeve's birth (she's a week old today), and I apologize for the delay. To those of you who did hear of her arrival--your messages, calls and well-wishes are so appreciated, and I am sorry I've been so terrible about responding. Each day we are adjusting better to life with two kids, and we look forward to introducing sweet Maeve to all of you!

3 comments:

Krista Photography said...

She's beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Will Tangorra said...

Hi Liz! Maeve is so beautiful! Congratulations to you, Matt and Viola! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Matt & Liz - this is just beautiful! Congratulations on your bundle of joy!

Susan Young